Testing IOS beta app on TestFlight
To test the beta version of the app on TestFlight, you need to accept an email or public link invitation from the developer and have a device that you can use to test.
Approaches: 2 ways
- App Store Connect Tester – who is a member of the developer’s team, will have access to all builds of the app after adding.
- External Testers -will have access to builds that the developer makes available to them
- Ask the App Store admin to add you as a member.
- Accept the invite you receive and get access to App Store Connect.
- Install the TestFlight app on the device you’ll use for testing here -> Install TestFlight .Note it is available on App Store for Iphone, Ipad, and AppleTV
- Accept your email or follow the public link invitation to install the beta app.
[From Official Apple Testflight docs]
Installing a Beta iOS App from an Email or Public Link Invitation
- Install TestFlight on the iOS device that you’ll use for testing.
- Open your invitation email or tap on the public link on your iOS device.
- Tap View in TestFlight or Start Testing; or tap Install or Update for the app you want to test.
Detailed Documentation here – > TestFlight